MNAngler World Headquarters

Posted by MNAngler On January - 31 - 2011

One of the great ideas that came out of the Outdoor Blogger Network is their writing prompts. Every week, they suggest a topic for us outdoor bloggery types to write about. I’ve opted out of most of them mainly because, like Troutrageous, I don’t normally have a shortage of things to write about. However, that seems to have changed as of late as I haven’t gotten out on the ice as much as I would have liked this winter. So I’m biting on OBN’s latest photo prompt: Let’s See Where the Outdoor Blog Work Gets Done.

This is a picture of my “office.” Notice the ancient digital camera. That’s the camera I bring with me out on the water (or ice). It was state of the art when I bought it for my wife in 2002. But now it’s my fishy camera that won’t be a huge loss if it takes a swim.

Pretty unimpressive, I know. I don’t have a cushy couch like Kari Murray, or a fancy armoire like Wolfy. But like Wolfy, this table is in my great room/family room where my wife sits to watch TV, so it’s a perfect spot for us to be “together.”

This is the view from the windows behind me.

It’s of my backyard. Those of you regular readers might recognize the path from my Scenes from a Classic Minnesota Winter post where I was snow blowing after our huge Dec 11 storm. I know what you’re thinking. “Why would you snow blow a path in your backyard?” You’d also know the answer to that question if you were a regular reader (see what you’re missing?). For those of you that may have missed it, see #1 in my Top 5 Adventures of 2010 post. It’s a path to their pen.

So there you have it. MNAngler’s World Headquarters.

January has been pretty crazy getting ready for my daughter’s Lego League state tournament. The team took some time off after regionals, so they’ve been spending this month getting back into shape. The tournament was Saturday (they came in 13th overall out of 40 teams, but came in 1st in the Programming category and took home a trophy for it), so I should be able to get back to the topic at hand now.

In the meantime, if you feel left out because you weren’t privy to the super secret Journal of a Minnesota Angler information above, correct the situation by subscribing via rss, email, or Facebook. Might as well follow me on Twitter while you’re at it. You’ll never feel left out again and all will be right with the world.

10 Responses to “MNAngler World Headquarters”

1. kmurray says:

You’re spot looks great and I love the idea of the “fishy” camera. I’m always am nervous using mine by the water because I’m not as graceful as I’d like to think! lol!

Great post and thanks for the mention too!

2. Sall's Country Life says:

Nice headquarters I say! I like how you also like a little “togetherness”! I enjoyed this post, found you through OBN. 6 below here in neighboring South Dakota this a.m. All schools are shut down for another blizzard, what a winter!! Hope you can get back out to fish soon! We stand by the window and watch the pheasants fly back and forth trying to find some cover and food. Stay warm!

3. Rebecca says:

I think your headquarters are great! I have an office and desk and all that, but a lot of the time I drag my laptop onto my dinning room table so I can hang out by the rest of the family.
    Thank you for participating on this one…I can imagine you penning up your great stories now from your headquarters.
    Rebecca

4. Michelle says:

It looks great to me!!! Although I would probably put a cushion on the chair as my bum would get tired. I am currently sitting at home for a snow day working. I am on my futon in my craft room. Yes, I have a craft room where I do crafty stuff. HA!

5. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Outdoor Bloggers, Kari Murray. Kari Murray said: MNAngler World Headquarters http://j.mp/fxxCle via @MNAngler […]

6. mdtolic says:

Ha! I have that exact same (I think) camera for the exact same thing.

7. Mel says:

First of all, thanks for the chuckle. I enjoyed your blog title for this post. Tee Hee!

I really like the clean, open setting with a view out back. May be lots of snow now, but, I bet summer evenings are gorgeous. I am liking the “all in the family” choice.

8. MNAngler says:

Thanx for all the comments, guys. Things don’t get written as fast as they could with a TV distracting me at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Mel, I’ll take a pic in the summer. Maybe I’ll even get the participants of my #1 adventure in it.

9. Arthur says:

I have a fishy camera, too. Back when we bought it was top-of-the-line, but now it’s the ice fishing, river fishing, wherever I’m fishing and hunting camera.

The office looks great.

And thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate it.

10. Fish Face says:

Your office looks and sounds a lot like my office. I believe it’s become the norm for a office in the “new economy”.