As usual, Lego League and the holidays kept me from thinking about fishing during the last few months of the year. Looking back at 2012 and the year, I did a lot more fishing than I expected and accomplished a number of my fishing goals for the year. The goals I met were:
- Fish at least once a month during open water bass season
- Float tube at least four times during open water season
- Catch a bass on 4 different plastic lures (color doesn’t count)
- Catch a bass on 6 different lures (plastic lures count)
- Fish 3 new bodies of water
- Return to Colorado to fish with my brother
An unexpected accomplishment of note is that I landed my personal best largemouth bass in July.
Part of the reason I got to do more fishing this year is because my job took a turn for the worse and I wasn’t concentrating on it as hard as I was last year. When one door closes, another opens, I guess.
I accomplished most my goals for my blog as well. I issued two Avid Angler Challenges (I hope to get a better response in 2013), re-reviewed the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler, reviewed the Mystery Tackle Box service (several times), and increased my blog traffic by 41%. The traffic jump really surprised me. I hope that trend continues.
2013 should be an interesting year as I hope to make a big announcement come Spring. I hope you enjoyed 2012 and got to do as much fishing as you wanted to.